MY STORY OF HOPE
1. How did you come to be at Starfish Project?
Outreach team volunteers visited me in the shops. It takes 18 hours to get from my hometown to our headquarters city.
2. What is one thing you like about living in the Starfish Project shelter?
I like the fact that the shelter is big. I love having a big and spacious room. My room at the shelter is the biggest and most comfortable room I’ve ever had.
3. What moment at Starfish is the most significant to you, and why?
The most significant moment to me since I’ve been at Starfish Project was when Rebecca brought me to church. I have a new heart since coming to Starfish. I am kinder, more patient, and I am a better friend.
4. What are your job responsibilities at Starfish Project?
I am a Production Staff member, which means I make the jewelry. I really like making the necklaces.
5. Which steps of vocational training have you completed?
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Excel
- Additional study: English and Math
6. How have you changed since you arrived at Starfish Project?
I think I had a bad temper before coming to Starfish Project. Now I am more mild and have a much calmer attitude. I do not get angry as easily.
7. What is your happiest memory at Starfish Project?
Our trip to the beach a few years ago was awesome! It was my first time to the beach and it was so much fun to go with coworkers. I loved playing in the sand.
8. What would you like our customers to know about you or the company?
I am happy to work with such nice people.