Location: Goshen, Indiana (this is not a remote position)
Hours: Full Time
Reports to: US Director
Contact: Tracie Fountain
Starfish Project is a social enterprise that cares for women and girls escaping human trafficking in Asia. A team of people from around the world have come together to create an innovative jewelry company, setting the standard for quality in the fair trade space that has employed and trained over 150 women and served thousands more through our outreach efforts. We help trafficked women experience freedom, establish independence and develop careers. The Goshen, Indiana office supports the work in Asia primarily through the sales and distribution of our products.
Starfish Project is seeking a highly motivated and detailed individual to support us in our work to employ women escaping human trafficking. The Sales Coordinator will work directly with the US Director to achieve sales targets that are key to the sustainability of this fast growing social enterprise. They will also serve as a liaison to the staff in Asia to assist them in understanding and meeting the needs of our wholesale customers. The Sales Coordinator will contribute to the achievement of sales targets by maintaining good customer relationships with nationwide businesses, handling sales administrative duties, ensuring order satisfaction at our Goshen office, and implementing sales activities that promote a positive customer experience. The Sales Coordinator will work in person with a small team in our Goshen office as well as virtually with team members both in the USA and Asia. This individual should have excellent organizational, administrative and problem solving skills. They should also possess strong communication, interpersonal and customer service skills.
Sales and Office Coordinator Responsibilities:
- Assist the US Director on delivering targeted sales strategies to obtain and maintain new, large wholesale customers.
- Coordinate with the Asia team to ensure large wholesale orders are processed according to customer requirements, and ensure all orders are accurate and delivered on time.
- Oversee the Distribution Coordinator and ensure the order fulfillment process is running smoothly.
- Resolve and respond to customer service calls, emails, and messages at the Goshen office.
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure sales, questions, and deliveries are handled efficiently.
- Ensure adherence to laws, regulations, and policies.
- Support the work of Starfish Project.
Sales and Office Coordinator Requirements:
- An associate’s or bachelor's degree in Business Administration or related field or 2 or more years' experience in sales or administration.
- Computer literacy with Word, Excel, Google Docs.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong administrative, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- The ability to be flexible, work in a fast-paced environment, and meet deadlines.
- Available for evening calls with the Asia office.
Bonus Skills and Experience
- Experience in the distribution of products.
- Experience with Shopify and QuickBooks.